Trinity is an implementation of an Ethereum network node. It is built on top of Py-EVM which is an implementation of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) written in Python.
Trinity and Py-EVM are the successors to the deprecated py-ethereum project and are the current go-to implementations for the Python ecosystem.
The main focus is to enrich the Ethereum ecosystem with a Python implementation that:
- Supports Ethereum 1.0 as well as 2.0 / Serenity
- Runs as a “full” node using a novel beam sync strategy
- Is well documented
- Is easy to understand
- Has clear APIs
- Runs fast and resource friendly
- Is highly flexible to support:
- Public chains (including Mainnet, Görli, Ropsten and other networks)
- Private chains
- Consortium chains
- Advanced research
Trinity is currently in public alpha and can connect and sync to the main Ethereum network. While it isn’t meant for production use yet, we encourage the adventurous to try it out. Follow along the Quickstart to get things going.